Dss Smart Card Descramblers
box will be displayed once your manual calibration setting has been stored. Click "OK" 9) Remove the serial cable (and power supply if you need to)
10) Connect the power supply, insert your HU card into the Avenger SE card slot (microchip facing upwards) and allow 1 minute for Initial Calibration to complete.
11) Insert the Avenger SE emulation board into your receiver, and check the status of the Green Calibration LED: 12) Check the status of the Green Calibration LED:
(a) If the green Calibration LED indicator flashes ON slowly (approximately 6 seconds between each flash) and video is restored, you have successfully calibrated
the unit. (b) If the green Calibration LED indicator flashes OFF slowly (approximately 6 seconds between each flash) and video remains intermittent after 1 minute:
- remove the Emulation board from your receiver. - Reconnect the Serial cable to your PC COM port. - repeat from step 6), incrementing the calibration
setting in step 7) by 1. (i.e. Set the spending limit to “2” on your receiver). (c) If the green Calibration LED indicator remains lit and there is no video;
repeat from step 6), incrementing the calibration setting in step 7) by 1. (I.e. Set the spending limit to “2” on your receiver). In order to return the unit to auto
[Prefered if you own a Loader Unlooper] The auto calibration procedure using a Loader/Unlooper requires minimal user input and should be adequate
for most users. Using this method, calibration can be completed in a matter of minutes, whereas "4.1 Auto Calibration in Receiver" can take up to 30 minutes.
from the factory (ie brand new, or "virgin") is activated for programming by DirecTV, the card writes down the receiver’s identification number into its
memory. The card then uses this number to prevent it's being moved to different receivers. In essence, the card and receiver have "married" each other.
If you then remove the card and place it into another receiver, you will get an error message, because the access card is married to the first receiver is
was activated inside. Datastream (aka Stream, Signal, Satellite Signal) The datastream is just that- a stream of data. It is specifically the waves of
encrypted (scrambled) data that are sent down from DirecTV’s satellites up in space. When you tune to a channel, it is encrypted. The access card
1) Download the Avenger SE Calibration software by clicking >>HERE<< 2) Unzip the files to a directory on your computer and execute "Setup.exe"
to install the software. 3) Click the 'Avenger SE Calibration Software' from your START menu. The Avenger SE Calibration Software main menu will be displayed.
successfully complete auto calibration. Additionally, users who wish to use their Avenger SE with multiple HU cards may find this procedure useful.
NOTE: If your card does not have DSW 0600 it may take up to 30 minutes for your card to update (refer to Procedure 3.3 step 5). In this case the
Green Calibration LED will not be lit (or will flash ON every 3 to 6 seconds) but you will not have video until your card updates to DSW 0600.
5.0 Troubleshooting 5.1 Resetting your Avenger SE to Factory Defaults 5.2 Calibration problems 5.3 Frequently asked questions 5.1 Resetting your Avenger
SE to Factory Defaults The following procedure will reset any stored values in your Avenger SE unit and restore it to factory defaults. Your Avenger
SE will be left in the default setting - Ready for Auto calibration in the receiver. This procedure MUST be performed before testing new cards with your
Avenger SE and is a good way to restart the calibration process from scratch if you have made any errors in following the procedures outlined in previous sections.
1) Ensure the power is connected to your Avenger SE unit, and the RED Power LED is lit. 2) Ensure that the Emulation board has been removed from your receiver.
3) Insert the new HU Card into the Avenger SE (Microchip side facing up). 4) Remove the RESET jumper located on the bottom left of the Avenger SE unit.
5) Insert the Emulation Board into the receiver and wait 5 seconds. 6) Now you may: a) Insert the RESET Jumper into the Avenger SE unit to begin
Auto Calibration in the receiver OR b) Remove the emulation board and then insert the RESET jumper if you wish to use a different calibration method.
Dss Smart Card Descramblers